The museum was formally opened by Viscount Trenchard, grandson of Marshal of the Royal Air
Force Lord Trenchard, on 29 June 1999, as part of the station's 80th anniversary celebrations.
The exhibits cover the building of Halton House by Alfred Rothschild in 1883, the 1913 Army and RFC
manoeuvres leading to the extensive military use of the estate during the First World War, the RAF takeover
in 1918 and the apprenticeship years 1920 - 1993. The museum also covers the hospital and the
dental school, the Halton railway, the churches and the present training facilities.
Members have been generous in their donations of memorabilia, which are always most welcome.
The museum opens for recruit passing-out parades and on request to Francis Hanford directly
at the museum on 01296 624095.
Follow the museum on Facebook